Social Media Terms & Conditions
T&Cs for all social competitions and the use of customer photos
Mother’s Day Hugs Bear Competition
The promoter of this competition is Card Factory PLC, whose registered office is at: Century House, Brunel Road, Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate, Wakefield, WF2 0XG.
Employees of Card Factory PLC and anyone else connected with the competition or its establishment shall not be permitted to enter. No entry fee is required and there is no purchase necessary. The competition opens on Friday 22nd March 2019 at 18:00 and the closing date for entries will be Tuesday 26th March 2019 at 23:59. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
Entrants must be UK residents and over the age of 18. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Entries must not include profanity or nudity. All entries must comment on the competition Facebook post to say why their mum, nan, aunt or someone special in their life, deserves to be spoilt on Mother’s Day.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social networking site. Your information will be provided to Card Factory, not Facebook or Instagram. The organiser accepts no responsibility for entries that are invalid, incomplete or illegible. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received after the closing date. The prize is a giant Hugs bear soft toy.
Card Factory’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winner. We reserve the right to substitute the prize for another of equal value should the need to do so reasonably arise. Any changes to the competition or the terms and conditions will be highlighted to entrants by the promoter as soon as possible. The winner will be notified by social media 48 hours of the closing date.
The winner must then respond to Card Factory within 48 hours. The winner must pick up their prize from a Card Factory store of their choice. No cash or credit alternatives to the stated prize will be offered and the prize is non-refundable and non-transferrable. If the promoter is unable to contact the stated winner within 14 days, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
The promoter complies with the standards and procedures outlined in the UK Data Protection Act and your personal information will be secure. We will not pass on this information to third parties under any circumstances. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and comment in publicity material relating to the promotion. Entry into this competition will be taken as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which are subject to and governed by English law.
More Than a Present Competition: Win £150 worth of Photo Gift Products
1.0 Prize Draw organiser and dates
- The promoter of this prize draw is Sportswift Limited trading as Card Factory, whose registered office is at Century House, Brunel Road, Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate, Wakefield, WF2 0XG.
- The prize draw opens on 13th March 2019 and the closing date for entries will be the 24th March 2019. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
2.0 How to enter
- All entries must be made via the Card Factory Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/cardfactoryplc/, and must agree to the prize draw terms and conditions
- Entrants must be UK residents and over the age of 18.
- Only one entry per account will be accepted. Entries must not include profanity or nudity.
- Employees of the promotor, employees of any group company of the promotor and or any third party directly associated with the administration of the competition shall not be permitted to enter the prize draw competition
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are invalid, incomplete or illegible
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, network or server failure of any kind
- There will be 1 winner of the competition.
- The winner will be determined at the Company’s discretion.
- The winner or, where applicable and decided at the Company’s discretion, joint winners of the Competition will be required to submit their full name, age and location.
- The winning prize will consist of a £150 credit to be used CardFactory.co.uk. The winner will be required to set up a customer account with CardFactory.co.uk in order to claim the prize.
- No cash or credit alternatives to the stated prize will be offered and the prize is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
4.0 Prize draw winners
- By entering the prize draw, winners agree to the use of their name in publicity and promotional material during and after the closing date of the competition.
- If a winner does not response to the promoter within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and promotor will be entitled to select another winner at random.
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winner. We reserve the right to substitute the prize for another of equal value should the need to do so reasonably arise. Any changes to the competition or to these terms and conditions will be highlighted to entrants by the promoter as soon as possible.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The promotor reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
5.0 Data protection and Terms & Condition acceptance
- The promoter complies with the standards and procedures outlined in the Data Protection Act 2018 and your personal information will be secure.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
General Social Media Terms and Conditions
By responding to our request to share your image with the hashtag #YesCardFactory, you are agreeing to the following:
As between you and us, you own all content and information you post or share using the Site (referred to as “User Content”), such as posting or sharing comments, photos, videos, username, real name, likeness, caption, location or other identifying information in connection with any use of your User Content.
You give Card Factory PLC permission to use your User Content as follows: you grant to Card Factory PLC and its affiliates a license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the Site and for other Card Factory marketing purposes, including without limitation in Card Factory emails and other customer communications, store materials and other marketing.
We may display advertisements in connection with your User Content or on pages where your User Content may be viewed by you or others, and we may use your User Content to advertise and promote Card Factory PLC or the Site.
Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. Our license to your User Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world.
Finally, our license is perpetual, meaning that our license lasts for an indefinite period of time. You promise that: You own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give Card Factory PLC the rights described above; You have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of your User Content; and Your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason. We may remove User Content from the Site for any reason. Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy If you believe that a user of the Site has infringed on your intellectual property rights, or if we have taken down your materials due to suspicion of copyright infringement, and you would like to dispute the alleged infringement, please click here.
Our Social Media Terms and Conditions are also subject to our General Terms and Conditions, which you can read here.