Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, gift dressings and associated gift and party products. We sell a wide selection of cards, as well as gifts, gift bags, gift wrap, bows, ribbons, balloons, and more. When it comes to special occasions, whatever you need, we’ve got it wrapped up.
Our philosophy is simple. We aim to produce a wide range of outstanding quality cards and products at exceptional value.
Having opened our first store in Wakefield in 1997, we have grown consistently year-on-year and now operate from over 850 stores across the UK. We design, print and produce the majority of our cards at our facilities here in the UK. We also own GettingPersonal.co.uk, an online retailer of personalised gifts and greetings cards.
But it’s not all business. We believe in giving something back, which is why we work closely with Macmillan Cancer Support. Through the incredible efforts of Card Factory staff and customers, we have now raised over £3 million. A fantastic result for a fantastic cause!
A highly engaged workforce of over 6,500 employees (plus an additional 6,000 seasonal staff) helps to make all of this possible.Key facts
- Leading specialist retailer in the large and robust UK greetings card market: with the value of the singles card market growing and card sending “ingrained” in the UK culture
- We are focussed on giving our customers fantastic value for money, with the majority of cards retailing at less than £1
- Approximately one third of our sales are from gift dressings, small gifts and party products, a market estimated to be worth £1-2bn
- Operate from over 850 stores across the UK: On average we have opened over 50 stores a year over the past 10 years
- c.6,500 employees in the UK (plus up to 6,000 additional seasonal staff)
- Over £3m raised for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Headquartered in Wakefield, West Yorkshire